DNA testing services
As leaders in the field of microbiological testing and analysis of water matrices, we have an excellent record of developing and validating more effective testing methods for the detection of waterborne pathogens in the interests of protecting public health. This includes our use of advanced next generation sequencing (NGS) DNA testing methods to optimise water quality management.
These DNA testing methods are key to understanding water contamination risks, rapidly resolving water quality issues, and making informed decisions to prevent waterborne disease outbreaks.
To achieve this, we have curated the most extensive DNA database of waterborne pathogens in Australia and have developed DNA (also known as molecular) testing methods that provide drinking water suppliers with unrivalled test results for a broad range of applications.
We offer a full suite of molecular analyses for targeting input from microbiological and biological sources into water, from source water to treated water. These include:
- E. coli confirmation and phylogrouping
- environmental E. coli bloom and capsule detection
- faecal source tracking for human and animal sources at a forensic level
- detection of toxin genes in cyanobacteria
- complete bacterial diversity profiling
- complete vertebrate diversity profiling
- whole genome sequencing